Ductless Mini Split Replacement In San Diego
Looking to replace your current ductless mini split air conditioner?
If you are in the market for a new air conditioner, call Friar's Heating and Air today to discuss your options. We will come out to your home and calculate the size for your home to ensure the proper unit is installed. You do not want to install the wrong size system for your home. Our comfort advisors will provide you with a complimentary quote so that you make the most educated decision.
Cost Of A Mini Split Installation In San Diego
Ductless AC installation costs vary based on:
- Number of indoor units.
Your cost will increase with the number of indoor units. While central AC uses just one indoor unit, ductless systems can have up to 8 indoor units connected to 1 outdoor unit. The number of indoor units you need depends on how many rooms/areas you want cooled.
- Energy efficiency (SEER rating).
Systems with higher energy efficiency will cost more. Ductless AC efficiency is measured by SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). The higher the SEER rating (ranging from 14 to 33+), the more efficient the ductless mini-split.
- Cooling capacity.
The “bigger” the system, the more it will cost. Ductless mini-splits are sized based on their cooling capacity, which is measured by the number of BTUs (British Thermal Units) it outputs. Residential ductless systems range from 6,000–54,000 BTUs. Your tech will be able to tell you which size system you need.
- Whether you’re replacing an existing unit.
You’ll pay more to install a ductless mini-split system for the first time than you will to replace an existing one. That’s because when you initially install a ductless system, the tech will have to determine the most efficient route for the refrigerant lines and cut into your walls/ceilings to install the indoor and outdoor units—increasing time and labor. If you’re replacing an existing ductless system, that time-intensive work is already done.
Signs You Need A Ductless Mini Split
You should think about installing a ductless mini-split system if:
- You want to cool a single room that doesn’t have ductwork.
- Your home cannot accommodate central AC due to limited space or no room for ductwork.
- You want a zoned cooling system without having to install dampers in your ductwork.
- Your current mini-split doesn’t’ keep you comfortable. An air conditioner that struggles to keep your home cool either means it is undersized or it is on its way out. Either way, you are better off with a new system.
- Your current mini-split requires expensive repairs. Paying for repair after repair can add up quickly. You are usually better off buying a new ductless mini-split system rather than sinking more money into a dying one.
Call our San Diego office for excellent service.
Whether you are looking for an AC Replacement, AC Repair, Ductless Mini-Split or AC Maintenance for your home, you will find Friar's Heating and Air has the team to exceed your needs. Contact our office today to have any questions answered or to schedule a service. We can be reached at (619) 514-1330.